Last Modified: June 17, 2018
This Policy applies to the SBG Platform, and covers the Company’s treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personally Identifiable Information”) and other data that the Company gathers when you are accessing SBG Platform or collected via e-mail, text or other electronic communications between you and the Platform. The Platform is only available to those under the age of 18 with a parent or guardian’s permission.
1. Information Collection.
A. We receive and store any information you enter on our Platform or provide to us in any way, in order to create a better, more personalized experience for you. For purposes of this Policy, “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that could be used to identify you personally, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, billing and shipping information phone number, birthday, photograph, social media account usernames (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest), a password, browser information and your zip code. The Personally Identifiable Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account (“User Profile”) that can be used to interact with the Platform and other users through the Platform, improving the content of the Platform, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about special new features and products, and other information of interest. We may also draw upon this Personally Identifiable Information in order to adapt the Platform to better meet your needs, to research the effectiveness of our Platform, and to develop new tools and data for the Platform.
B. We may automatically receive your location when you use our Platform. We may also automatically track certain basic information about our Members, such as, but not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, click patterns, etc. We use this information to do internal research on usage patterns, demographics, interests and general behavior to better understand and serve you.
C. We utilize site analytics to help us measure how visitors use our Platform. To do this, we may use web beacons and cookies. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. The type of information collected includes the URLs you came from and go to, your browser information, and IP address, and helps us learn how to improve our services.
E. We may collect information such as comments, photos/images, and videos you make interactive and that you publish, information you upload to the Platform, and correspondence we receive from users and third parties about your activities or postings via our Platform. Our use of this information is consistent with the rights and restrictions set forth in Provision 2.
2. Use of Information.
A. We use the information we collect about you (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site’s content, layout, services and Platform. These uses improve our Platform and allow us to better customize it to meet your needs. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms and Conditions Agreement.
B. We may compile the information we collect about you and use it, in an aggregate form, in the negotiation and establishment of service agreements with public and/or private enterprises under which such enterprises will serve as Company partners.
C. We may use, for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate, your correspondence with us, or comments, photos, and videos uploaded by you for publication on our Platform. Our use of such materials is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information set forth in Provision 3.
3. Disclosure of Your Information.
A. Without your affirmative consent (and on a case-by-case basis), we do not sell, rent, or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties, unless otherwise required as described in “Required Disclosures” below. To the extent we share information with our partners and advertisers, we share only aggregated or otherwise non-Personally Identifiable Information that is not linked to your Personally Identifiable Information.
B. You should understand that information you provide through the registration process or post to the public areas of our Platform, including your “User Profile” or generally through the use of our Platform (including your name (if provided) and location information) may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs, and may be searchable by other users of SBG Platform.
C. We may need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information when required by law, including laws outside your country of residence, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website, (b) enforce this Policy or the Terms and Conditions Agreement, (c) respond to claims that your information violates the rights of third parties, including those outside of your country of residence, or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company, its users and the public. You authorize us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
D. Your Personally Identifiable Information is protected by password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personally Identifiable Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limited access to your computer and browser by singing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although the Company endeavors to safeguard user information, the Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
4. Communications from the Company and Other Members of SBG’s Community.
5. Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personally Identifiable Information and Privacy Settings. After registration for our Platform, we provide a way to update and personalize your Personally Identifiable Information and privacy settings. You may access these options under your User Profile by accessing “My Account.”
Upon your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our active databases. If you terminate your account, your User Profile, including your purchase history, uploaded information, submissions, etc., will be removed from the Platform and deleted from the Company’s servers.
Nonetheless, we may retain in our files information you may have requested us to remove if, in our sole discretion, retention of the information is necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or to enforce the Terms and Conditions Agreement. Furthermore, your information may never be completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints.
6. Notification of Changes.
B. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying you of the change. In some cases where we post a notice, we will also email you, assuming you have opted to receive communications from us, notifying you of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, or unsubscribed from communication, then you will not be contacted.
7. International Users and International Transfers. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of our Platform or your submission of any Personally Identifiable Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
8. Business Transfers. The Company may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
9. Users Under 18 Years of Age and Parental Participation. If you are under age 18, absolutely do not attempt to register for or use the SBG Platform without your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission, and do not provide any personal information (Personally Identifiable Information) about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under age 18 without a parent or legal guardian’s consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from an individual under age 18 without parental or legal guardian consent, please contact us at the contact information Provision 10.
Furthermore, we strongly recommend users under the age of 18 ask their parent or guardian for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet usage practices.
10. Contact Information. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact the Company as follows:
By mail: Southern Belle Glitz
2913 Gateway Park Lane
Lexington, KY 40511
By email: Contact.SouthernBelleGlitz@gmail.com